Why Deposit and Withdraw Using a Credit Card?
There is a number of reasons why it makes sense to use your credit card for your online casino transactions, but there are also a few drawbacks, and we'll discuss both sides of the coin in the following text.
Credit Card Advantages
First and foremost, depositing using your credit card is very simple. Similar to every instant bank transfer casino in NZ, you won't need to go through any additional procedures nor register additional accounts with a third party. If you're depositing using your Visa, for example, as long as you have money in your bank account, the entire process won't take more than a couple of minutes.
Credit card transactions are also very fast, and this is true for deposits and withdrawals alike. Cash will appear in your account instantaneously after a deposit, and for most New Zealand players, credit card withdrawals usually won't take longer than 24-48 hours. Once a withdrawal is processed, it will be in your bank account and available for immediate use.
Drawbacks of Using a Credit Card
Although credit and debit cards represent a very convenient way to fund your online casino account, there are also certain downsides that may or may not apply to you.
One of the most obvious ones is the fact you'll have to share your credit card number, CCV, and other sensitive information with an online casino. Some people may have a problem with this, as they are afraid their information could be stolen and used without their knowledge. While this shouldn't be a concern when dealing with reputable and trustworthy online casinos, like the ones listed on our site, this isn't a completely unreasonable fear when depositing with a casino you don't have a lot of information about.
Also, when you deposit with your Visa or MasterCard, this leaves a paper trail of the transaction. While gambling online isn't illegal in New Zealand and Kiwi players have nothing to worry about from the legal perspective, some people prefer to keep their gaming habits to themselves for various reasons. If you belong to this category, credit cards might not be the best choice, as all deposits and withdrawals will be clearly visible on your card statements.
How to Deposit Using a Credit Card?
If you’ve ever used your card for any type of an online transaction, like online shopping, for example, you won’t have any problems depositing with a credit card. The process is fairly simple and straightforward.
When depositing with one of our Kiwi-oriented casinos like Spin Palace, the first thing you need to do is go to your cashier and visit the ‘Deposit’ section. There, you’ll select ‘Credit Card’ as the payment method. You’ll be asked to enter the following:
- Credit card owner name and surname (make sure to use only a card registered to your name, otherwise your account will likely be blocked)
- Address (the address you registered with your card)
- Credit card number (the 16-digit number on the front of your card)
- CCV or a Security Number (three or four digit number located on the back of your card)
- The amount you wish to deposit
With some casinos, you might also need to provide additional information, like the date of birth or similar, but these four pieces of information are what you’ll usually encounter. Once you’ve filled up all the fields and double-checked the information, just click the button to confirm the transaction and wait a few seconds. If everything is in order, you’ll receive a message about a successful deposit and the money will be readily available in your account.
Safety Tips on Using Credit Cards with Online Casinos
While using credit cards with safe, reliable and secure online casinos like the one we vetted to ensure were fair and serious business is generally not dangerous, it is still better to stay safe when using your credit card for any online transactions. Here are a few tips that you should adhere to if you want to ensure the safety of your personal information.
- Keep your computer protected at all times. While a casino may not be after your credit card info, there are others who could gain access to your data by stealing it from your computer. Make sure to have antivirus software running at all times and only share your sensitive information with reliable sites.
- Have a separate card for online gambling. Having a different card that you use exclusively for online casino transactions has multiple benefits: your other funds won’t be in danger even if your card is compromised, you’ll have much better control over how much you deposit, and you can generally keep your gaming transactions separate from all other transactions.
- Keep a close eye on your credit card statements and always check for any unusual payments. If you see an item that doesn’t belong, it’s usually an indicator your card has been compromised and you need to let your bank know ASAP.
These tips will keep you safe and prevent most unexpected and unpleasant events. However, we still advise you to stick with online casinos that have a longstanding reputation and cater specifically to New Zealand players, as these will usually provide you with the best possible experience. All the casinos on our site have been thoroughly checked and vetted, so you can take your pick and start playing immediately without any fear. Your information and cash will be in good hands, and you’re guaranteed to have a lot of fun.