What to Know About Online Casinos NZ Currency
If you happen to be reading this right now, you’ve probably already spent time looking for a reliable yet modern NZ$ casino for those paying with New Zealand money. Playing at online casinos in New Zealand currency should be the first choice for anyone looking for the smoothest online gambling experience and fortunately new casinos in NZ dollars are popping up all the time!
Not only do they save on the annoying currency conversion charges we mentioned above, there is a wide range of NZD casinos specifically made for the New Zealand market that are incredibly secure and trustworthy. Furthermore, NZ dollar casinos can often provide Kiwis with bigger bonuses and promotions.
The big downside, however, is that there are far fewer online casinos in NZ dollars than other currencies. For that reason, here’s a short description of our picks for best NZD Casino of 2020:
|Amount of NZD Casinos||20+|
|Top NZD Casinos||Casino Planet, Jackpot City NZ|
|Maximum Deposit at NZD Casinos||NZ$5000|
|Minimum Deposit at NZD Casinos||NZ$10|
|Maximum NZD Casino Bonus||NZ$1500|
|NZD Casino Licensing||MGA, UKGC|
NZD Online Casino Deposits with Conversions
There will be times when making a deposit that requires conversions is unavoidable. In general, conversion fees can be confusing for players who aren’t familiar with foreign exchange rates, conversion calculations and so forth. There is a possibility that you’ll deposit more than you wished to, or withdraw less than anticipated. This is problematic for a number of reasons and this is why so many online casinos are starting to see the value in allowing players to use their native currency. They want their users to know exactly what they are doing when playing. In addition to this, it decreases the risk of the actual casinos being blamed for any major mishaps that the players may encounter as a result of being confused by conversion fees. In a nutshell, avoiding conversion fees is best for everyone.
Difference between $ Casinos and NZ$ Casinos and NZD Casinos
It’s been 53 years since New Zealand has began using the New Zealand dollar, and it’s so common that most Kiwis refer to them only as dollars or $. However, when you’re trying to find an online casino in NZ dollars that accepts NZD, it’s crucial to understand whether the dollar sign you see is referring to NZ dollars or some other currency that also uses the $ sign.
- $: If an online casino uses a dollar sign or $, it could mean a wide range of currencies, including US dollars, Australian dollars, Canadian dollars, or a number of other currencies from around the world that also use dollars as currency. Don’t assume a casino like this will easily accept deposits and withdrawals in NZD.
- NZ$: If you see NZ before the $, that definitely signifies that New Zealand dollars are accepted, as it’s one of the official abbreviations for New Zealand dollars. However, there still might be currency conversion fees, so stick to the NZD casinos mentioned on this list.
- NZD: This is yet another accepted abbreviation, standing for “New Zealand Dollar”. Once again, though you may be able to use the online casino in NZ dollars, Kiwis might find that when they deposit their money, it has been converted into USD. This is extremely frustrating, since that means there will be a hefty conversion fee. All that confusion and lost money could have been saved by doing some research and sticking to the trusted NZD casinos on this list.
NZD Casino Bonuses
Choosing to play your favorite pokies and casino games at a casino that accepts NZ currency can be a game changer. Not only will you be instantly shown the top online pokies in NZ, you'll also be privy to exclusive bonuses in New Zealand dollars.
There are often tons of lucrative bonuses in NZ dollars available exclusively for Kiwi gamers. To get your bonuses in NZ dollars, all that’s needed is to create your account and make your first deposit! Bonuses vary by casino, so follow the ongoing set of promotions offered by the NZD casinos you end up choosing. They can range from match deposits going into the thousands of dollars to free spins no deposit at NZD casinos. Keep in mind that even at NZD casinos, the bonuses might have certain requirements to meet, such as wagering requirements. That refers to the number of times a player must bet in order to receive their bonus. For example, a 35x wagering requirement for a NZ$100 bonus will require betting a total amount of NZ$3500 before a withdrawal can be made. For this reason, it’a always suggested to choose a bonus with the lowest possible wagering requirements, whether they use NZ dollars or not.
There are sometimes limits on the amount you can bet with bonuses in NZD, referred to as the maximum betting size. In general, the per spin limit is often NZ$5. The limits help protect the casinos themselves against players winning exorbitant amounts because of bonuses.
Payment at Online Casinos in NZ Currency
The best thing about gambling at an online casino in NZ currency is that it’s easy to make easy deposits and fast withdrawals, with the minimum amount of wait time or annoying conversion fees. Thankfully there are many ways for Kiwis to pay at online casinos especially for them.
The method you choose to go with is a highly personal decision, but once you figure out what works best, you'll experience some of the fastest payouts for online casinos in NZ!
Below are some of the most common payment methods at some of the best online casinos in NZ dollars.
- Paypal: It’s one of the most popular online payment methods in the world and fortunately, it is also popular in the world of Kiwi’s favourite NZD casinos. There are rarely processing fees and payment is done instantly. Thousands of the NZD casinos in New Zealand accept Paypal, though not all of them could be considered the best and most trusted. See our recommendations for the best casinos that accept Paypal in New Zealand.
- Instant bank transfers: Many casinos make it easy to facilitate a transfer between your personal bank account and the NZD casino platform of your choice! This is an incredibly secure way to transfer funds, though it is not necessarily the fastest.
- Paysafecard: Paysafecard is an e-wallet payment option where a sort of voucher is paid in advance and the voucher goes toward payment at the casino of your choice accepting New Zealand currency.
- Credit Cards like Visa and Mastercard: Credit cards are another simple way to pay for your gametime and receive your wins in an easy and fast way. The most common credit cards accepted at casinos in New Zealand care Mastercard and Visa, though American Express (Amex) and Diners Club cards are sometimes also available for use as payment.
- Skrill: Skrill is a popular e-wallet for those who are concerned about privacy and don’t want their gaming transactions to show up on their banking records. It’s owned by the same company as Paysafecard and Neteller, so players can rest assured it uses the best security methods while also allowing for instant withdrawals and deposits. Find out the best casinos in NZ that accept Skrill payment.
- Poli: Poli is unique in that it specializes in instant payments in New Zealand and Australia. One of its big benefits is that it allows for the fastest transfers from a bank account to a casino account, with the user only needing to provide an active bank account and the money inside. It’s a safe and fast money transfer method for Kiwis looking for an easy and trusted way to get started playing.
How NZD Casinos Operate in New Zealand
At the moment, legislation regarding online casinos in New Zealand is vague and leaves much grey area, but the overall premise is this: online casinos cannot operate in New Zealand themeselves, but online casinos outside of New Zealand are allowed to offer their services to NZ gamers and as a result, we now have plenty of legal online caisnos in NZ currency for Kiwis to play.
Th best online casinos available in NZ dollars are ones based and licensed in the UK and Malta that offer a wide range of online casinos to those in New Zealand. online gaming to players in New Zealand.
NZD Casino Licenses
Legit online NZ casinos are ones that have strict licensing to ensure that gameplay is done fairly and with the use of a Random Number Generator or RNG, and that the site operates in a safe matter to protect players’ privacy, data, and personal information. Among the top online casinos licensing institutions are the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) and the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC).
NZD Casinos Pros and Cons
There are advantages and disadvantages to everything, so here’s what you should consider when figuring out the right NZD casino for you.
- Save Money: Currency conversion fees can take a huge bite out of your winnings and for that reason, so many Kiwis choose to only play at casinos that accept NZ dollars. Without having to consider conversion frees, there’s more time to focus on –and enjoy the winnings from – the fun thrills of great casino games.
- Custom tailored to Kiwis: Online casinos that don’t have a dedicated New Zealand site simply aren’t attuned to the unique demands of Kiwi customers. A great NZ$ casino, however, understands how Kiwi players play and can offer the most advanced and convenient payment methods, the fastest payouts, and plenty of special bonuses promotions only available for those playing in New Zealand.
With all the advantages that some of the best NZD casinos provide, there are still a few drawbacks that should be mentioned.
- Smaller selection of casinos: Although there are a good number of NZD casinos for Kiwis to choose from, we all have to admit that the number is much smaller than what it is in other countries or at casinos that accept Euros (EUR) or US dollars (USD). Now if you’re the kind of person loyal to a single casino, this might not affect you. However, if you’re someone looking to maximize the amount of bonuses and promotions you can get by playing at a number of the biggest payout casinos, you’ll find yourself exhausting the options quite quickly.
- Miss out on the international casino bonuses: A casino often offers different bonuses to players in different currencies so if you're playing at casino in NZ dollars, you'll probably only see the
Conclusion: Should you deposit in NZ dollars or another currency?
For the most part, it is clear that depositing in NZ dollars is the best option. There a number of casinos nationwide, and even across the globe, that allow their players to both deposit and withdraw in NZD. This means that you won’t be missing out on anything special if you choose to play in your native currency. If anything, the casinos based in New Zealand are designed to work most efficiently with the NZ dollar. Moreover, depositing in NZD will make the gaming experience much easier and more enjoyable. There will be no need to worry about the volatility of foreign currencies or get confused by exchange rates. Lastly, large sums of money can be saved as using the NZ dollar eliminates conversion fees or any other kind of exchange expenses. This means that most of the available funds can be used for game play.
These are some of our thoughts, but if you'd like take a look at our recommendations for the best online casino with real money in NZ dollars. One or more of them could be the right fit for you!
FAQs About Online Casinos in NZ Currency